- Frankincense (boswellia frerena), is steam distilled from the resin collected from the boswellia trees in Oman. Support for the pineal, hypothalamus and pituitary gland can be achieved with frankincense essential oil.
- Sandalwood (santalum album), is steam distilled from the wood of the santalum trees of India. Support for the pineal, hypothalamus and pituitary gland can be achieved with sandalwood essential oil.
- Geranium (pelargonium graveolens), is steam distilled from the leaves of the pelargonium plant, indigenous to China. Geranium essential oil is supportive of the hormone/glandular, and adrenal gland.
- Ylang ylang (cananga odorata), is steam distilled with the flowers of ylang ylang grown in Madagascar. Ylang ylang essential oil is supportive of the hormone/glandular, and adrenal gland.
- Clove (eugenia caryophyllata), is made from the steam distillation of the buds sourced from Madagascar. Clove essential oil is incredible supportive of the thyroid.
- Lemongrass (cymbopogon flexuosus), is steam distilled from the lemongrass leaves of India. Supporting your thyroid with clove essential oil with the addition of lemongrass essential oil is especially beneficial.
- Rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis), is steam distilled from the leaves of the Rosemary indigenous to Morocco. Rosemary is stimulating to the glands and brain function as well as offering support, specifically to the adrenal.
- Myrrh (commiphora myrrha), is steam distilled from the collected resin of the trees thriving in Ethiopia. This essential oil is very beneficial for overall thyroid health and immune system support.
- Basil (ocimum basilicum), is steam distilled from the basil leaves in the USA. Basil is found to be supportive of the adrenal, pancreas, parathyroid, pineal, and the pituitary gland.
Here are some of our favorite ways to use essential oils for thyroid health:
1. Rub a drop of myrrh essential oil (mixed with coconut oil) over your thyroid area each day.
2. Rub a drop of basil essential oil on the adrenals each morning.
3. Make a roller ball blend and use it daily on the bottom of your feet:
- 20 drops frankincense
- 20 drops myrrh
- 20 drops lemongrass
- 20 drops basil
Essential oil usage tips:
Apply selected oils, diluted with choice of carrier oil (to avoid evaporation and prevent sensitivity), directly over location of the glands or to the corresponding reflex points on the feet
Place 5-10 drops of selected oils into an essential oil diffuser, or inhale directly from the bottle, from drops placed in your cupped hands, or apply to your clothing.